Our Rhode Island headquarters were originally constructed in 1863, during the American Civil War, and functioned at the time as the U.S. Cotton Mill. In 1936, Frederick Murdock founded Murdock Webbing in the heart of the American Industrial Revolution with only 10 employees and 2 looms. In 1954, Murdock Webbing was purchased by the DeAngelis family, who still currently presides over a thriving company with more than 150 associates. The 285,000 square foot facility is ISO9001-2008 certified and has been an approved supplier for the U.S. Military since the early 1960's.
Our North Carolina facility is conveniently located for shipments south of New England. Previously Phoenix Trimming, this 125,000 square foot building was constructed in 1963 and began operation as Murdock Webbing's second facility in 1992. Known as the J.D. Plant, this building is named in honor of John DeAngelis.